Saturday, December 18, 2010

Life goes on... and on

I wrote the post below on November 3rd, on maybe four hours of sleep.  Tired, overly emotional, but sincere.  Just posting it today.


We are recovering, albeit slowly, from losing Buster.  I think I'm just fine, we talk about getting another adult dog or even a puppy, then I read that last blog post.  The tears are still there.  I still miss Buster when I hike to the river with Zaq.  I miss him when I kayak alone down a gentle river.  I miss his funny face and how he drooled all over himself and everyone else when food was around.


But we are moving forward.  We went to a dog show last Saturday.  We took Zaq, but didn't realize he would be allowed to come in, though not competing.  We met some very nice folks and some wonderful dogs.  We are going to go see an adult dog who needs another home this weekend.  I don't know what to think or how to feel.  


I suspect that this is one of those circumstances when your heart grows bigger than you thought it could.  When you think, "I can't replace him!"  And then you begin to see the edge of the experience the way it might be.  That maybe your heart can still love and miss and want to kiss the one who is gone AND love and kiss the ones who are here.


It was a big night for me last night, but that's another blog altogether.  I'm tired and a little bit emotional... okay, I'm crying as I write this. But I was inspired by someone else who had a big night.  In the middle of one of the most notable successes of her life, she recognized that she is still the same person to her dog.  This is truth.


Here's what she shared with me and others.  I've got to share it with you.  


http://www.andiesisle.com/GoD_and_DoG.html

No comments: